This is the privacy statement of the private limited company under Dutch law Duck-To Holding B.V., Chamber of Commerce number 32115549, with its registered office and principal place of business in (3853 KH) Ermelo, the Netherlands, at the address Fokko Kortlanglaan 116 and all its subsidiary companies, amongst which Tomassen Duck-To B.V., Duck-To Farm B.V., Tomassen Transport B.V. and Lucky Duck International Food B.V. (hereinafter all jointly referred to as ‘Duck-To Holding’), www.br-tomassen.com.
This privacy statement applies to all privacy-sensitive information or personal data that you provide to us, for example via a contact form or orders that you place. We attach great importance to the privacy of our customers and therefore exercise the utmost care in handling and protecting personal data. We process data in accordance with the conditions set thereto in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Duck-To Holding is the controller within the meaning of the GDPR with respect to the processing of your personal data. This means that only we decide which personal data are processed, to what purpose, and in what manner. We are responsible for your personal data being processed in a proper and careful manner in accordance with the GDPR. In this privacy statement we explain which data we process and for what purposes they are used.
Overview of personal data
Below you will find an overview of the personal data we process:
- First name and surname
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Address details
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- Bank account number(s)
- IP address of a website visitor
Purpose and principles of processing personal data
By agreeing to this privacy statement, you expressly give consent within the meaning of Article 6 paragraph 1 under a of the GDPR for the processing of your personal data for the following purposes. You can withdraw this consent at any time. However, if you do not provide certain data to us or do not have them processed by us, we may not be able to serve you properly.
If you have not given us express consent to process your personal data or if you have withdrawn this consent, the Articles 6 paragraph 1 under b, under c and/or under f of the GDPR may be the applicable principles for the processing of your personal data. In that case, processing of your personal data may take place without your consent, provided that this is necessary for the performance of an agreement to which you are or become a party, or necessary for the representation of the legitimate interests of Duck-To Holding. In addition, we may have a statutory obligation to process your personal data.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To handle your payment
- To send our newsletter and/or advertising leaflet
- To inform you about any changes to our products and services (production, sale, and delivery of fresh frozen Peking ducks and duck parts, as well as cooked and ready-to-eat meal components)
- To be able to call or e-mail you if this is necessary to perform our services, as described above
- To offer you the possibility to create an account
- To provide services, including increasing the name recognition.
We do not store your personal data longer than strictly necessary to realise the purposes for which your data are collected.
Provision to third parties
We may share your personal data with third parties if this is compatible with the aforementioned purposes. Provision to third parties may be necessary for the performance of the agreement that we conclude with you, necessary for the representation of a legitimate interest of ours, or necessary to comply with any statutory obligation that rests on us. With companies that process your data on our instructions, we conclude a data processing agreement to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data. We remain responsible for these processing operations. Apart from the aforementioned situations, we only provide your personal data to other third parties with your express consent.
We may use your personal data for commercial purposes, for example to provide you with further information about the aforementioned products or services from carefully selected organisations. In that case, you will only be informed at the e-mail address you have registered. If you do not wish to receive information about relevant products or services, you can simply indicate this by clicking on ‘unsubscribe’ in the received e-mail.
Your personal data are also used by us for market research and the optimisation of our services. Your personal data are anonymised in that context and are therefore no longer traceable to you.
Your data will not be sold or shared with third parties for commercial purposes, unless you give your express consent thereto.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your computer, tablet, or smartphone when you first visit the website www.br-tomassencom. You may opt out of these cookies by configuring your internet browser in such way that it no longer stores cookies. In addition, you can also delete all information previously saved via your browser settings.
We use the following cookies:
- Functional cookies: these are cookies that are necessary for the technical operation of the website and your convenience. They ensure that the website works properly and remember, for example, your preferred settings. They also allow us to optimise our website. These are analytical cookies that do not infringe your privacy and for which we do not require prior consent from you.
- Tracking cookies: we place cookies that keep track of your surfing behaviour so that we can offer customised content and advertisements. Upon your first visit to our website, we already informed you about these cookies and requested your permission for their placement. You may opt out of cookies by configuring your internet browser in such way that it no longer stores cookies. In addition, you can also delete all information previously saved via your browser settings.
- Google Analytics: on this website cookies are placed from the American company Google, as part of the ‘Analytics’ service. Duck-To Holding uses this service to get reports on how the website is used and to measure its quality and effectiveness. We use Google Analytics in the manner prescribed by the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Dutch DPA) in order to be covered by the exception in the cookie law, as a result of which we do not require prior consent from you for the use of Google Analytics.
Access, rectification, or deletion
You have the right to access, rectify, or delete your personal data. In addition, you have the right to withdraw any consent for the data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data. You have the right to data portability if we have digital personal data that we either process with your consent or process to perform an agreement that we have concluded with you.
This means that you can submit a request to us to send the digital personal data that we hold on you in a readable computer file to you or another organisation mentioned by you.
You can send a request for access, rectification, deletion, or transfer of your personal data, request withdrawal of your consent, or object to the processing of your personal data to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure that the request for access has been made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your ID with the request. Make your passport photo, MRZ (machine-readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number, and citizen service number (BSN) black in this copy. This is to protect your privacy. We will respond as quickly as possible, but within four weeks at the latest, to your request.
We also wish to point out that you have the opportunity to file a complaint with the national supervisory authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Dutch DPA).
We take the protection of your data seriously and take appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure, and unauthorised modification. If you have the impression that your data are not properly secured or if there are indications of misuse, please contact Duck-To Holding by e-mail email@example.com or by telephone at +31 (0)341 553675.